Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
1 spaghetti squash
1 can of tomatoe sauce or pasta sauce
1/2 cup almond flour
8 oz. ground Italian sausage
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- Preheat the broiler.
- Pierce the squash several times with a fork or sharp knife, being sure to pierce all the way through to the middle.
- Microwave whole squash in the microwave for 10 minutes. Turn the squash over and cook for another 5-7 minutes depending on how big the squash is.
- Take the squash out of the microwave and let sit for 5 minutes. It will be extremely hot.
- Cut the squash in half. Spoon out the seeds and the center parts that are “too soft”. Take a fork and scrape out the spaghetti squash strings.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients into a bowl and use your hands to make sure they are mixed well.
- Roll small meatballs and place on a tray with foil.
- Put the meatballs in the broiler and cook for 7-8 minutes, then turn them over and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Cut one in half to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
- Cook your favorite tomatoes or pasta sauce in a pan on the stove.
- Combine the spaghetti squash, meatballs, and pasta sauce and ENJOY!